Pages

Monday, July 16, 2007

PCW #55 revamp



Work on the forthcoming PC Weenies Book 1 "Greatest Hits 1998-1999" continues, at a staggeringly slow pace. In order to make more progress I've resolved myself to work on a new page each week. In the images above, you can see the original artwork for PC Weenies #55, followed by a revised sketch for that same toon I drew this morning.

One of the things I learned the hard way as an artist is to always convey depth in your illustration by way of foreground, middle ground, and background elements. It's especially important for a single panel comic - otherwise the end-result will look flat. I'm planning to ink this one today if all goes well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I really dig the new sketch! the airplane in the background really sells the depth. Great composition!

Krishna M. Sadasivam said...

thanks, John. I've posted the final version up - take a look and let me know what you think.